The Potomac Valley Chapter of Master Naturalists has updated their class schedule. Download the new schedule (PDF) from the Chapter’s Page.
The Friends of Blackwater (FOB), for their Blackwater Rail Trail Botanical Restoration project, need some help to remove invasive plant species along the rail-trail near Thomas and Davis, WV. Several dates are available:
- September 22nd: 12pm-3pm
- September 25th: 11am-1pm
- September 29th: 12pm-3pm
- October 6th: 12pm-3pm
- October 13th: 12pm-3pm
- October 16th: 11am-1pm
- October 20th: 12pm-3pm
- October 27th: 12pm-3pm
- October 30th: 11am-1pm
Come out and enjoy some time outside and help in a good endeavor! Groups are also encouraged. Contact Samantha Miller, Botany Specialist, Friends of Blackwater, Office: (304)345-7663 ext 103 Further information on the FOB project: https:/home/wp_tc8tsf/mnofwv.org/saveblackwater.org/rail-trail-botanical-restoration-volunteering-opportunities/ (Dates in the article are from previous removal days.)
The 2021 WV Fall Foliage Map is now posted via WV Tourism. Download the map image here: https:/home/wp_tc8tsf/mnofwv.org/wvtourism.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/StateFoliageMap2021-scaled.jpg
So, what trees are what colors? Check out the WV Division of Forestry’s website with their Fall Foliage Color Guide! https:/home/wp_tc8tsf/mnofwv.org/wvforestry.com/wv-fall-foliage/
The Tygart Valley Chapter class schedule is updated. Visit the Chapter page to download.
Just some info:
- Most if not all of our links to WV-DNR are now broken due to the creation of their new website. This is especially noticeable for the class/course descriptions. Rebecca Linger (our new president) has apprehended the new info and hopefully, we’ll link up to new stuff soon. Thank you for that work!
- Comments for posts have been turned off–mostly since we were getting myriads of spam, esp for “ED” related medications from Russian and Chinese locations. Comments were rarely used by the membership, anyway. The Info email is still active, nonetheless.
- Photos from the conference have been received–Now to see what kind of gallery apps are available (and free) for us to use!
- An “Archives” section is in planning and it will house previous meeting minutes and probably old conference info.
- Your webmaster is venturing into possible home ownership for the first time, so house viewing, mortgages, home inspections and other financial magic/conjuring is pre-occupying much of any free time for him in the past few weeks since the Conference. (Also, it is prime seed processing season!)